The Testing Task Force is dedicated to keeping the PS 321 community up to date on critical news in educational and testing policy. Here are some highlights from this past month.
- Cuomo Reverses Himself, Vetoes Bill Giving Teachers Reprieve on Test Scores
- Teacher Evaluation – Going from Bad to Worse
- Judge Teachers by Test Scores? How about State Education Leaders?
- Rage Against the Common Core – Separating Standards from Testing (NYTimes)
- The Common Core’s Role in the Myth of Failing Schools
Change the Stakes Brooklyn General Meeting – Friday January 9th, 6;00-8:00 – Panera Bread, upper level, 345 Adams Street in downtown Brooklyn.
“We Can’t Wait” – Alliance for Quality Education (AQE) Bus Trip to Albany:
“New York State Is Failing Our Schools” – Monday January 12th – The bus is leaving from 34 W. 14th Street between 5th and 6th Avenues – 6:00 am, January 12th.
More Than a Score: The New Uprising Against High-Stakes Testing – Thursday January 15th, 6:30 pm, CUNY Graduate Center 365 Fifth Avenue (Urban Education Lounge, Room 4202).