August 28, 2020
Dear PS 321 Families,
We’re looking forward to seeing your children—either in person or on Zoom — on the first day of school. Unless we hear about a change from the DOE, Cohort A students’ first in-person day will be on Thursday, 9/10. Cohort B students’ first in-person day will be on Friday, 9/11. Cohort D—our all-remote students—will begin remotely on 9/10.
We will have a slightly staggered arrival and dismissal time for our in-person students in order to allow social distancing at line up and as we enter the school building. Students in Grades K-2 will begin school daily at 8:40 am and be dismissed at 2:00 pm. Students in Grade 3-5 will begin school daily at 8:30 am and be dismissed at 1:50 pm. We will be sending you detailed information about where and how to line up next week. Note that on the first two days of school for hybrid/blended Kindergarten students, Kindergarten will begin at 9:15 to allow the in-person students to gather in the back yard and meet their teachers in a less crowded environment on their first day at PS 321. For Cohort D (all remote), the school day will go from 8:30-2:00.
We are holding two virtual parent meetings next week. We have scheduled a meeting for PARENTS OF STUDENTS WITH IEPS ON TUESDAY, 9/1 AT 4PM and a meeting for our incoming KINDERGARTEN PARENTS ON WEDNESDAY, 9/2 AT 4PM. The links for these meetings are at the end of this letter.
We will be getting you more detailed information next week about a number of things including:
- Health and Safety Guidelines—what we are doing to keep students safe in school and how you can support us.
- The hybrid/blended learning and remote learning instructional days.
- The online platforms we will be using, including Google Classroom, SeeSaw, and Zearn.We have prepared a Family Remote Learning Guide that we will send you on Monday that will allow you to learn about many of these tools before school begins.
- Supplies to purchase for school.
- Outdoor learning possibilities.
Enjoy the end of summer! Looking forward to seeing some of you at meetings next week.
Liz Phillips, Principal
Meeting for Parents of Students with IEPS—Tuesday, 9/1 at 4pm
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting for Incoming Kindergarten Parents—Wednesday, 9/2 at 4pm
Meeting ID: 967 9234 2897
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,96792342897#,,,,,,0#,,704023# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)