September 4, 2020
Dear 3rd Grade Families,
We’re looking forward to meeting you and your child on the first day of school. Here is a supply list. Please try to have these supplies by September 21.
Note that for those children in the hybrid model, some of these supplies will be left at home and some will go back and forth between home and school. The all-remote children will keep everything at home.
For the hybrid children coming into school, we have noted below what to bring on the first day of school. Children will not share supplies and while they are not being used, supplies will be kept in children’s backpacks or on their tables. (Each child will have his or her own desk or table).
For those coming into school, please bring a favorite book or two and a family photograph on the first day.
Thanks very much.
The Third Grade Teachers
Third Grade Supply List
Bring the following items on the first day of school:
- 3 marble covered composition notebooks (no spirals or binders please)
- 5 two pocket folders in the following colors – yellow, orange, blue, green and red
- 36 number 2 Ticonderoga pencils—bring 5 on the first day
- 1 pencil box to store writing utensils when in school—bring on the first day
- 1 handheld pencil sharpener for individual use bring on the first day
- 1 4-pack of multicolored flair pens (red, green, blue and black)
- 1 or more of the following: crayons, markers, colored pencils—bring one of these items on the first day of school
- 1 labeled water bottle
- 2 masks—wear one to school and keep one in your backpack
- 1 small bottle of hand sanitizer to keep in your backpack
- 1 small packet of tissues
Other items to purchase. The teacher will tell you when to bring these in:
- 2-3 ball point pens for cursive (blue or black)
- 1 pack of wide ruled loose leaf paper
- 1 or more packs of post-its
- 1 pack of multicolored construction paper 8×12
- 2 glue sticks
- 1 small container of Elmer’s glue (liquid)
- 1 pack of 3×5 lined index cards
- 1 pair of scissors
- 2 rolls of scotch tape
- 1 roll of masking tape
- 1 pack of multicolored tissue paper
- 1 highlighter
- 2 black Sharpies – permanent markers
- 1 metric ruler to be kept at home
- 1 dictionary to be kept at home
- 1 stapler or paper clips to be kept at home for organization
- 1 pack of Crayola modeling clay (four colors) – for 3-D landforms
- 1 set of watercolor paints