Taking place on Saturday, December 10, 2016, this amazing event is a carefully curated collection of wares by 90-plus hand-picked local artisans making one-of-a-kind, inspired and beautifully hand-crafted creations. Open to the community, there’s something here for everyone’s holiday shopping list. We’ll also be offering yummy food and fun stuff for kids!
If you are a vendor, the curated selection will be announced in November 2016. For an overview of the event, please review STUFF YOU SHOULD KNOW. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. We can’t wait to see your work!
- PARENTS TABLE: We need help finding parents who are also artists and craftspeople who might consider donating to the table; coordinating gathering items to sell and returning items that do not sell; and working at the table on the day of the sale.
- ARTISAN PALS: Volunteers are needed to liaise with artisans (our vendors) on the day of the Shop to get them to their tables and set up, help cover their booths for bathroom breaks, etc.
- DESIGN & PUBLICITY: We need publicity hounds who can promote this event to the world — foot traffic equals sales equals happy artisans equals 321 fundraising dollars. We need posters, flyers, banners, red folder flyers, splash page, blog listings and BUZZ.
- SET UP & BREAK DOWN: We need a crew to help set up the school for a few hours the night before (Friday Dec 4) and break it down at the end of the day (Sat Dec 4).
- FOOD: We’ll be selling baked goodies, tea, ciders, hot chocolate and more so we’ll need some people with culinary skills (or just a favorite cookie recipe) to bake the goodies and/or big smiles to help us sell to hungry shoppers.
- KIDS’ ENTERTAINMENT: We’ll need to come up with an entrancing roster of activities to keep the little ones occupied while the big ones shop. Help us create and oversee fun kids’ activities on the day – movie shorts, hair braiding, face painting and more.
Amy Gropp Forbes
Sarah Marques (Made by the Parents Table)