A kid favorite, Spring Carnival sees our school completely transformed into a magical place for kids with games, food, crafts, cotton candy, prizes and an enormous 2nd hand book sale. We are looking for new ideas to infuse into this extremely popular event. Do you juggle, ride a unicycle, perform magic? Let’s get you involved! This truly cannot be done without you – please think of any way you can be a part of this fun day.
- BOOK SALE: Two weeks prior to the event, collect and sort books in the school basement. On the day of the event, sell books .
- FOOD: Arrange donations from neighborhood restaurants and parents, as well as purchase supplies at Costco. Work 3-hour shifts to sell food and to pick up restaurant donations.
- GAMES: Run carnival games and distribute prizes. If you are handy and want to design and build new carnival games, we welcome your help.
- CRAFTS: Supervise the Kid’s Crafts area, make cotton candy, face painting, hair braiding, nail polish, tattoos
- PHOTO BOOTH: Help kids dress in costumes, take photos (professional camera not required)
- DESIGN and PUBLICITY: Design posters and plaster copies all over the neighborhood.
- SET UP: Help set up the evening before. It’s a big job, bring your kids and help transform the school. We get pizza and everyone has a great time! Time commitment: Commit as little as 2 hours at the event or evening set up or take on a leadership role. You choose.